NEW YORK, USA: NTT America, a global IT infrastructure services provider and wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corp., announced its continuing support for the company’s cloud, global connectivity and green efforts and the refocus of key business units to address customer requirements and market dynamics. In addition the company has won awards for both green efforts and in marketing.
As enterprise cloud demand continues to grow in parallel with customers’ interest in global connectivity to support large scale cloud deployments, NTT America has ensured its leadership through a variety of partnerships and an ongoing speaking platform to bring insights and information to the industry.
* NTT America’s president and CEO, Kazuhiro Gomi, participated in the Executive Forum on Cloud Computing at the IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM) 2011. He shared the vision and strategy which has enabled NTT Communications to provide efficient and cost effective cloud computing solutions. NTT Communications combines a base of worldwide public and private networks, more than 30 strategically placed data centers, and a VMware vCloud powered cloud computing architecture, allowing the company to implement some of the most complex projects for today’s enterprises.
* NTT America CTO, Doug Junkins, presented the service provider keynote at the Carrier Cloud Forum, an event hosted by Light Reading at the Cloud Connect conference. During the talk, titled “Cloud Reality for the Global Enterprise,” he covered the different challenges large enterprises face in migrating to the cloud and provided an example of how a large systems integrator has made the successful transition.
* At the VMware Partner Exchange 2012, the annual virtualization and cloud infrastructure event for VMware Partners, Craig Hurley, senior product manager at NTT America and global product manager for cloud computing services at NTT Communications, discussed NTT America’s Global Virtual Data Center and the significant and strategic investments the company has made in its infrastructure to deploy global enterprise cloud solutions.
NTT Communications is one of the few available resources for companies in providing access to a virtualized global data center and a Tier-1 high speed network, eliminating the necessity of duplicated data centers in global regions. NTT Communications provides VMware vCloud Powered global public, private and hybrid cloud hosting services to enterprises both directly and through a worldwide network of partners.
* At this year’s RSA Conference 2012, NTT America and Integralis, a global provider of IT security and information risk management solutions, announced an ongoing partnership to provide global enterprises with secure, high performance, streamlined and cost-effective use of cloud computing. NTT America brings virtualized global data centers and high speed networks to enterprise cloud computing, while Integralis offers comprehensive Managed Security Solutions (MSS) to form a complete cloud computing solution for enterprises. Through this partnership, NTT America’s customers can maintain the integrity of payment information through the PCI DSS standard.
* At Capacity LATAM, Michael Wheeler, VP, NTT Communications Global IP Network, NTT America, participated in a panel titled, “Infrastructure Development and Investment in Latin American Markets: Terrestrial, Submarine and Satellite Connectivity.” While David Berrios, director, business development, Latin America, NTT America, contributed to the panel, “The Carrier Perspective: Managing and Monetizing Content Delivery in South America.” At Capacity Caribbean, Brent Duncan, vice president, sales and marketing, Global IP Network, NTT America, joined other industry leaders to share insight on the telecommunications customer landscape in the Caribbean.
Business unit re-alignment
As of February 1, 2012 the company created the Global Solutions Business Unit to join the Data Center Services and Global IP Network Business Units. The newly named Global Solutions Business Unit is responsible for all NTT America products sold domestically and internationally, as well as NTT Group company services, including Dimension Data, NTT Data and Integralis.
Michael DeVito has been promoted to executive VP to run this business unit, while Doug McMaster will oversee the Data Center Services Business Unit in his role as VP. This restructuring is designed to provide customers with the flexibility of an expanded product set, combined with the ability to integrate across all NTT Group company global resources, creating a custom solution that best meets their needs.
In addition, Michael Wheeler has been promoted to executive VP of the Global IP Network Business Unit and Leewen Chen has been promoted to CFO, where she will be responsible for corporate finance, accounting and treasury activities across all NTT America business units.